One of my favorite vegan recipes to make is tofu scramble. It’s easy, delicious, nutritious and you can customize it to however you want. Below I will show the simple steps to creating a delicious vegan meal you can eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- Nutritional Yeast – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – pinch
- Pepper -pinch
- Add ins of your choice (some of my favorites)
- Vegan Sausage
- Vegan Cheese
- Kale or Spinach
- Green Onions
- Step 1: Drain Tofu
- Cut the tofu into slices, lay on a cutting board , cover in paper towel and lay some books on top for about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 2: Prepare optional add ins:
- If adding onions and peppers – chop and add to pan with oil and saute prior to adding tofu.
- If adding sausage – cut into pieces and add to pan prior to adding tofu.
- If adding potatoes: Cut into bite size pieces and cook in oven, pan or microwave. (I microwave bite size pieces for approximately 8 minutes and then cook with scramble for a crispy texture)
- If adding kale, spinach, tomatoes or vegan cheese – add after cooking tofu.
- Step 3: Scramble Tofu
- Heat oil in a pan and crumble tofu using your hands. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 4: Prepare Scramble Seasoning
- Add turmeric, cumin, nutritional yeast, paprika, salt and pepper together in small bowl. Mix together, add water and mix again.
- Step 5: Add Seasoning to Tofu in pan
- Cook for another 5 minutes or so to your liking.
- Step 6: Add optional add-ins:
- Such as potatoes, kale, spinach, vegan cheese, tomatoes etc.
- Step 7: Serve and enjoy! 🙂