With the holidays quickly approaching we want to make sure that you have some easy, inexpensive side dishes to bring to the table! This dish was relatively quick with only 10 mins of prep and 20 mins to cook. This recipe will make roughly 8 servings.
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Bag of Brussel Sprouts
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Add ons (Optional)
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup
- Pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
- Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Slice butternut squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out seeds. Use a peeler to remove the thick outer skin.
- Cut the butternut squash, brussel sprouts, onion, and garlic however you prefer.
- I like some of the brussel sprouts to be more roasted than others, I vary between cutting them into halves and quarters.
- If you do not like the bigger pieces of garlic, use a mincer, or most supermarkets sell jars of minced garlic.
- Evenly spread the butternut squash, brussel sprouts, garlic, and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over ingredients and top with cracked black pepper and salt.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for roughly 20 minutes, you’ll know they’re done when the edges have a nice char to them.
- After plating the dish, drizzle with maple syrup. (Optional) top with any combination of add on ingredients listed above!