This salad is one of my favorites. There are a lot of flavors and textures that will compliment a wide variety of dishes, especially at the Thanksgiving table. The best part is it’ll take you less than 10 minutes from start to finish!
- 12 oz Broccoli Florets (I used the Archer Farms bag from Target for convenience)
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ cup Almonds, chopped is preferred but I chopped mine myself using a serrated knife
- ⅓ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup of Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp of Garlic Powder *can use fresh pressed garlic for stronger flavor
1. Add the maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, and dijon mustard into a bowl. Whisk ingredients together until blended.
Then add the garlic powder or fresh garlic and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
– I have little bottles that I like to store homemade dressings in. The one pictured to the right, I found at Walmart for $4.
2. Take the broccoli florets and cut off any stems, discard the stems. Next slice the broccoli into thin strips. You may cut them again into smaller strips if you’d like, but I prefer the thicker pieces of broccoli.
– Small pieces of the florets will break off as you’re cutting. Keep these, they will add variety to the salad.
3. To mix the salad add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over top. Plate and enjoy!
– I used a baking spatula to toss the salad but your hands work just fine.
– Britney Baron
If you enjoy our work, please consider supporting us on Patreon