Warm up this winter with a big bowl of red lentil soup! This soup is PACKED with fiber, potassium, iron, vitamin A, and folate. This soup will take 35 minutes with 6 servings.
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 large Carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery stalks chopped
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth or Water (not pictured)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup Split Red Lentils
- 1 tsp Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp fresh or dried Cilantro
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
1. In your soup pot heat the olive oil, onion, minced garlic, carrots, celery, salt, paprika, and pepper on medium to low heat, cover with a lid. Simmer for 7 minutes stirring every two minutes.
2. Next add your split red lentils, vegetable broth, chili paste, cilantro, and kale. Stir, cover, and let simmer for 25 minutes stirring sporadically.
3. Ladle into a bowl and serve! Feel free to divvy up unused portions into containers or zip-lock bags to freeze. This soup will last in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container.