Sage has a reputation for giving those holiday dishes their signature flavor. This aromatic herb is best paired with something sweet to highlight it’s earthy flavor. You’ll love it with our sweet potato gnocchi!
- ⅔ cup Vegetable Broth
- ½ cup Chopped Shallot (one large)
- ½ cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Sprig of Sage (four leaves)
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Vegan Parm
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter(not pictured)
- ½ tsp Salt (not pictured)
- ½ tsp Pepper (not pictured)
1. Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat. Add chopped shallots, salt, pepper, and garlic. When they start to brown add the vegetable broth and sage. Simmer for 7 mins.
*I love a strong sage flavor which is why I added more than the recipe calls for, but if this is your first time using it, tread lightly. For a mild sage flavor add with baby spinach in the next step*
2. Add mushrooms to the broth and stir. Let cook the mushrooms cook for 5-6 mins until they soften. Next you’ll add the baby spinach, cook until it’s wilted.
*Fresh baby spinach cooks quickly(2-3 mins), be sure not to overcook or you’ll lose that bright green color*
3. Remove from heat. Add your cooked sweet potato gnocchi*insert link again* and vegan parmesan. Mix with a baking spatula.
*The starch from the gnocchi and the vegan parmesan will absorb the remaining moisture from the broth creating a thick sauce.*
4. Plate and enjoy!
If you enjoy our work, please consider supporting us on Patreon